Acme Wire previously hired a managed IT company, but they were not happy with their services and they were not delivering on the promises they made. They were unresponsive and had poor customer service. They did not return phone calls. They would not show up when a service call was scheduled, and there was no communication to them that it would need to be cancelled or rescheduled.
What is worse is that the previous IT company did not keep the computers and network in good working order which caused aggravation for the owners and employees, as well as costly downtime. Dottie, the IT point person at Acme, was constantly having to deal with all of the computer and network problems that they were having within the company which took her away from her own work. The owners of the company were getting more and more frustrated because their IT network was actually preventing them from delivering their products and customers efficiently.
It Was Time To Make A Change
Acme’s goal is to deliver their customers quality products on time and at a good price. They realized that the current state of their network, along with poor customer support from their current IT company, slow computers, unproductive employees was having a negative effect on the goals of their company so it was time to make a change.
Acme Wire Products set out to find an IT support company that would give them better results for their technology investments and actually deliver on their promises. They researched and contacted a few other managed IT companies. ASG Information Technologies was one of them. During their evaluation process, they realized that Rob Mitchell, the owner of ASG was sincere when he explained how they delivered their experienced managed IT support with a focus on top of the line customer service. After speaking with other ASG clients that are in manufacturing businesses, Acme felt confident moving forward with ASG Information Technologies.
After deciding on ASG’s DirectLinx Pro Managed IT Service plan, Acme Wire was impressed by ASG’s very specific onboarding process. A detailed action plan was put in place that allowed them to experience a very smooth transition from their previous IT company. Once the onboarding transition was completed, ASG’s proactive managed maintenance began and their network began to be aligned with ASG’s best practices:
- Network security services were implemented and the servers and workstations were patched properly.
- Business-class managed antivirus software implemented to ensure all computers are always protected.
- A robust spam filtering service was put into place and this reduced the amount of spam emails they were receiving which helped protect them from rogue and spam emails.
- Proper image backups were implemented for the server and key workstations and are managed and checked on a daily basis.
- Daily proactive network maintenance was deployed to keep it working properly.
- Onsite network administrative services were scheduled to review the network and its environment.
- Quarterly routine server maintenance and backup test restores were scheduled.
- Software deployment was set up to ensure software such as Adobe is kept up to date.
- Webhosting services were deployed.
- Acme management and employees are able to access to ASG’s experienced help desk team.
- New network project plan was discussed and implemented: new server, image backup and disaster recovery workstation, Microsoft Exchange, new firewall appliance, replacement of workstations.